Last week I received my Nory Locum shipment – 2 boxes of locum (of course!) and 2 lbs. of unsalted California pistachios (without shells).
Doug and I dove right into the locum!
Before using the pistachios, I toasted them in the oven at 350°F for about 8 minutes to give them some extra crunch.
With the bounty of zucchini and fresh basil I had on hand, the recipe, Zucchini with Pistachios and Basil, was born.
It’s a lovely accompaniment to grilled meat, poultry, or fish.
Zucchini with Pistachios and Basil
- 5 zucchinis (rinsed, cut lengthwise, and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ⅓ cup pistachios (roasted, unsalted, coarsely chopped and divided)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (cut into thin strips, divided)
- Place the cut zucchini in a large bowl. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Toss to coat zucchini.
- Using a 12-inch skillet non-stick skillet, put heat on medium-high and add half the zucchini. (You don’t want to crowd the pan.) Cook for 5 minutes, turning about half-way through, until lightly golden and tender-crisp. Transfer zucchini to a serving bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet, if necessary, and continue to cook the remaining zucchini.
- Place the rest of the cooked zucchini in the serving bowl. Drizzle zucchini with lemon juice. Sprinkle with half the pistachios and basil, tossing gently.
- Garnish with remaining chopped pistachios and basil.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.