Autumn is fast-approaching, but we’re still feeling the intense warmth of summer. We find the best way to stay refreshed is with a soothing dessert made with plain madzoon (yogurt).
Here’s one of our go-to treats made with homemade yogurt (or a good quality store-bought version), topped with fresh fruit of your choice, honey and nuts. Simple and sweet.
Madzoon (Yogurt) with Honey, Fruit and Nuts
- 1 cup plain yogurt (homemade preferred or good quality store-bought)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- honey (just a drizzle)
- ¼ cup seasonal fruit (fresh berries, cherries, peaches, or dried fruit, such as currants, or apricots)
- 3 tbsp walnuts, pecans or pistachios (chopped)
- Mix together yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and honey. (Note: honey can be drizzled on top before serving.)
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, gently fold in nuts and fruit- or just sprinkle them on top.