What is Mid-Lent – Michink?
- Michink falls on a Wednesday.
- It is not a feast day.
- The same Wednesday Lenten services are performed on this day.
- Michink is celebrated during the middle of lent to encourage people to persevere until the end of lent.
- During this celebration, women would insert a coin into a pastry (gata or pagharch) and whoever receives the slice (of pastry) with the coin in it would receive good luck.
- A special sandwich, Michink Koutap, is also prepared on this day.
For a more in-depth account of Michink, please click here.
|Michink pastry preparation|
Photos are from:
(Visited 297 times, 1 visits today)
Good Morning – I was hoping you have a recipe for Tahn Hatz to share. The only recipe I have is for massive amounts for Bake Sale purposes. I'm not good at breaking down the amounts to make a dozen or two.Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi there! Do you mean 'tahin' bread? If so, I can help. I'll send it to you if can provide me with an email address. Please contact me – email@example.com. Thanks!
I'm assuming the Tahn Hatz is the Michink pastry? I would love that recipe too!
If tahn hatz is tahin hatz, I'll do a posting of the recipe soon.
Hi darling. Can I get the recipe pleas?liza
Try these recipes: http://thearmeniankitchen.com/2013/11/pagharch-bagharj-baghaj-nazook-katah.html