Roasted Grapes with Yogurt and Whipped Cream
Caramelized grapes served over a yogurt and whipped cream base.
Ingredients for Roasted Grapes
- 2 cups seedless grapes rinsed; stems removed. If grapes are large, cut them in half.
- 1-2 Tbsp. brandy I used Ararat brandy
- 1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar Amount used is based on the sweetness or tartness of the grapes
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
Ingredients for Yogurt and whipped cream base:
- ¾-1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup whipped cream (Reddi Wip, in this case) Feel free to make fresh whipped cream using heavy cream or whipping cream.
- ¼-½ tsp. vanilla extract optional
Directions for roasting the Grapes:
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the grapes, brandy, brown sugar and zest.
Place grape mixture in an ovenproof baking dish with high sides. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until grapes start to caramelize and liquid becomes syrupy.
Remove from oven and allow grapes to cool.
Instructions for the Yogurt and Whipping Cream:
In a mixing bowl, gently whisk together the plain Greek yogurt, whipped cream, and vanilla, if using, until well-combined.
Place half of the yogurt mixture into two individual serving bowls, top with grape mixture, and add a dollop of whipping cream, if you wish.
Note: The grapes will shrink in volume during baking. So what appears to be a lot of grapes in the natural state, will change dramatically after cooking.
(Visited 261 times, 1 visits today)
Here is my recipe for … Dried White Mulberry Granola – Armenian style. Not many…
With Easter just a few days away, I felt the need to re-post this timely…
My family LOVES stuffed grape leaves, (aka sarma or yalanchi) but the process of stuffing…
In the Armenian Church, Lent is a “time of joyfulness and purification through repentance”. The…
St. Sarkis Day (2022) falls on Saturday, February 12th. To provide you with some background…
My first encounter with aveluk (wild sorrel) was in 2015 when Doug and I were…