|Spiced POM Cider|
The people in the test kitchen at POM Wonderful have been busy coming up with tasty recipes using pomegranate juice.
In fact, they created a dandy beverage just in time for the holidays called “Spiced POM Cider.”
Here’s how to prepare this festive drink:
Spiced POM Cider
32 ounces POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate juice
8 oz. water
4 cinnamon sticks (broken in half)
6 whole cloves
1 star anise
6 green cardamom pods
6 juniper berries
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Zest and juice from half of an orange
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a slow simmer over low heat.
2. Keep heat low and simmer for an additional 45 minutes, then turn off the heat.
3. Allow mixture to steep for at least 2 hours off the heat.
4. Strain and refrigerate.
5. Serve hot or cold; garnish with an orange slice.
6. For an alcoholic beverage, add 1 oz. apple brandy and ½ oz. Cointreau per serving.
We’re making ours with Armenian brandy, of course!
For more of their recipes, visit http://www.pomwonderful.com/.
Too much work!
What if I make it for you?