Olive and Walnut Salad or Shepherd’s Dinner
This is Lena Tashjian's Olive and Walnut Salad from her wonderful cookbook The Vegan Armenian Kitchen.
- 1½ cups green olives (pitted, either whole or sliced)
- ½ onion, small (finely chopped)
- ½ cup walnuts (roughly crushed)
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped, optional)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses or syrup
- 1½ tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate arils (optional)
Mix the olives, onion, walnuts, parsley, and pomegranate molasses or syrup together in a bowl.
Add the tomato paste and olive oil, and mix well. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
Top salad with fresh pomegranate arils, if using, and enjoy.